Hi there! My name is Abby Ryals, and I began this blog back when I was in high school (throwback to 2018). I have been on a journey of learning to daily surrender to the Lord and “be still” with Him. In my time of following Jesus, I have learned that true rest, restoration, and encouragement is found in Him, and I want to invite you to join me in learning how to “be still” with God.
I have been following Jesus for several years. I was born into a Christian family, and my parents faithfully shared the gospel with me for as long as I can remember. I was the kid that was singing Jesus Loves Me and asking to watch Veggie Tales from the time I could talk haha!
While I was very familiar with the Bible, I didn’t take ownership of my faith until I was in middle school. I began to understand the severity of my sin and my desperate need for a Savior. I actually understood what “the wages of sin is death” (Rom. 3:23) really meant, and I understood that “For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son,” (John 3:16) meant that God deeply loved me enough to send Jesus to die for me. These are all things I “knew” but I didn’t “KNOW”, ya know what I mean? I like to think of it as head knowledge vs. heart knowledge. I knew all the facts about God (head knowledge), but I didn’t truly believe it and live differently because of it (heart knowledge) until I was about thirteen years old.
Since then, God has been turning my heart towards ministry, and long story short… that’s how I got here! It is only by God’s grace and kindness that I am saved, and it is through faith that I continue to seek Him and tell the world about Him. If you have questions about this, ask away! The “contact me” page is at the top, and I’d to talk to you about it!
Let’s get to know each other! Here’s some fun facts…
– I was born & raised in Birmingham, AL; I lived in Gilbert, AZ for high school; went to college in Azusa, CA; and now I live in Gilbert again!
– I just graduated (woohoo!) from Azusa Pacific University with my B.A. in Psychology and a minor in Christian Ministry
– I start grad school in August 2022 for a M.A. in Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling – the end goal is to establish a career in counseling ministry, but we’ll see what God has for me (;
– I used to be a competitive dancer – now I just dance for fun (:
– I love drinking coffee, but instead of getting the same thing every time, I like to ask baristas what their favorite is & I try something new every time!
– I was bit by a brown recluse spider one time (that’s the second most poisonous spider out there!)
– I have flown an airplane!
– I am an enneagram 9w1 and an INFJ (Myers Briggs)
Friend, you will hear me say this often because I believe it to be true…
YOU ARE LOVED <3
May Christ be exalted in all things.