I am writing this now because I am in the midst of a HUGE change! I just started my freshman year of college, and this adjustment has been like no other! I am meeting new friends, I have a new roommate, I’m taking college courses, I’m living away from my family (& even out of state!), I have to be more independent, etc. You may be in the midst of a similar change, but maybe your changing circumstance isn’t moving away for school. Sometimes we experience a change in jobs, a change in friends, a change in family dynamics, a change in relationships, etc.
Change is scary & unsettling! I totally get it!! Since I arrived on campus I’ve met a lot of people, started new classes with new professors in a new place. I’ve looked for churches, & I’ve called home A LOT! In all of this change, I have found such a unique peace from the God who never changes.
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever,”Hebrews 13:8
God’s character is consistent despite the change/hardship you may be facing. He is still good. He still loves you. & His promises remain true.
Just to think of God’s unchanging promises for His people makes me think “WOW!”. Here’s some of the promises that come to mind, and I hope they encourage your heart…
- “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak” Isaiah 40:29 (NIV)
- “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” Isaiah 41:10 (ESV)
- “‘Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed’ says the Lord who has compassion on you” Isaiah 54:10 (NIV)
- “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him” James 1:5 (ESV)
- “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” Deuteronomy 31:8 (ESV)
- “When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.” Psalm 34:17 (ESV)
- “For you, O Lord are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.” Psalm 86:5 (ESV)
Whether you are in the midst of change right now, or you know change is coming, God’s promises and God’s character remain steadfast and true.
I hope your heart is encouraged by our unchanging God even in the midst of change.